You are here
University Discussion Forums
Legislation and common-practice impact and challenge the work-life of our HEI customers each and every day. Having the opportunity to share these challenges with others in the same position is both reassuring and educational. To provide this we facilitate six annual University Discussion Forums (UDF) in London, Manchester and Cheltenham, attended by customers with responsibility for credit control, treasury management, SLC co-ordination and finance.
Since 2008, 685 delegates from 65 HEIs have attended for discussions including:
- Have institutions seen any increase in accommodation debts following the withdrawal of academic sanctions by the OFT?
- Institutions thoughts on asking their acquiring bank to hedge card exchange rates for future instalments in the year?
- What stage are institutions at in regard to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)application and authorisation?
- Student Loan Company (SLC) reconciliation situation?
In addition to these discussions, specially invited industry experts have attended to give delegates the benefit of their expertise, including:
- High Court Enforcement Officers Association
- Student Loans Company
- Chartered Institute of Credit Management
Feedback from delegates attending the December 2014 UDFs have included:
"I just wanted to say a big thank you for inviting me to the discussion forum yesterday, I found it extremely worthwhile and it was great to get to know and talk with finance people from other universities" Deputy Income Manager at a London university
"Thank you as always for a lovely day yesterday, I really felt that we were able to have a good discussion and I think we all had ideas to take home with us. It was a great opportunity to see how our colleagues in the wider university community are facing the challenge of in-particular the OFT report. Thank you for hosting this Forum again." Student Finance Team Leader at a Home Counties university
"Thank you very much for organising the Forum yesterday, it was so informative and so helpful for us all to share our ideas and practices." Credit Control Manager at a London university
If you would like to be invited to a UDF, please submit our Questions & Comments online form.